Therapy Dogs United Programs
A certified therapy dog is a friend to everyone! At Therapy Dogs United, our team of certified therapy dogs provide the catalyst for positive change by motivating emotionally and physically challenged individuals. We open dialogue with the abused, disabled, sick, lonely, injured or depressed. Our programs inspire learning and change - and include everyone. Our mantra is "Dogs Supporting People."
Every one of our certified therapy dog teams is personally committed to bring joy and inspiration to every human life we touch.
We offer a wide range of programs to benefit individuals throughout Northwest Pennsylvania, Western New York and Ashtabula County, Ohio. Here are our most popular programs:
- Skilled Support Dogs: therapy dog teams used to encourage physical movement, verbal and non-verbal communication and improved social behavior
- AAT Dogs: the use of animal-assisted therapy to help physically rehabilitate individuals, or anyone with behavioral, emotional or cognitive challenges
- Companion Dogs: therapy dog teams used to support individuals with depression, anxiety, or loneliness
- Dog Bite Prevention & At Risk Kids: dog bite prevention and animal humane program designed for abused children or at-risk kids
- M.D. Program (Medical Dogs): visitation program to benefit an oncology patient or individual recuperating during a hospital stay
- Tutors with a Tail: literacy and in-school reading program for the Erie City, Erie County and Regional Charter school districts. Includes visits throughout the Erie County Library system, regional book stores and beyond
- Courthouse Comfort Dogs: certified therapy dog teams visit children facing a dependency hearing in Erie County Family Court; Veterans facing a hearing in Erie County's Veteran's Treatment Court; or individual attending a hearing at The Erie County Court of Common Pleas
Does your dog have what it takes to be certified as a Therapy Dogs United volunteer? Find out now.
Testing and Evaluation